21 Jun 2013 12:10 – 13:00
Reading: MacDonald, E. N., Johnson, E. K., Forsythe, J., Plente, P., & Munhall, K. G. (2012).
25 Jul 2013 16:10 – 17:30
Title: "Large-scale analysis of language variation and change in social media"
- Bilingualism Matters: An information and advice service about growing up with two languages.
- Language at Edinburgh Lunch: Throughout the year, postgraduates participate in running the bi-monthly lunch.
- Linguistic Circle: The regular departmental speaker series for Linguistics and English Language on Thursday afternoons.
- Linguistics and English Language Society: A society for the appreciation, study, conversation, etc. of language, made up of students from the University of Edinburgh.
- Postgraduate Conference: Organised every spring by the postgraduate students.
- The P-workshop programme consists of talks seminars and discussions on subjects relating to phonetics, phonology and speech technology.
- Research Groups: Many research groups run seminars, the details of which may be found on their web pages.
- Summer School of Sociolinguistics: This week-long summer school is organised annually especially for PhD students in the last years of their research. All participants will have a chance to take part in hands-on workshops led by renowned academics, present their papers and attend round-table discussions.