27 May 2013 13:10 – 14:00
MSc students in Developmental Linguistics will give brief presentations of...
3 Jun 2013 12:10 – 13:00
Reading: Mortensen, David (2012) 'The emergence of obstruents after high vowels.' Diachronica...
14 Jun 2013 12:10 – 13:00
- Bilingualism Matters: An information and advice service about growing up with two languages.
- Language at Edinburgh Lunch: Throughout the year, postgraduates participate in running the bi-monthly lunch.
- Linguistic Circle: The regular departmental speaker series for Linguistics and English Language on Thursday afternoons.
- Linguistics and English Language Society: A society for the appreciation, study, conversation, etc. of language, made up of students from the University of Edinburgh.
- Postgraduate Conference: Organised every spring by the postgraduate students.
- The P-workshop programme consists of talks seminars and discussions on subjects relating to phonetics, phonology and speech technology.
- Research Groups: Many research groups run seminars, the details of which may be found on their web pages.
- Summer School of Sociolinguistics: This week-long summer school is organised annually especially for PhD students in the last years of their research. All participants will have a chance to take part in hands-on workshops led by renowned academics, present their papers and attend round-table discussions.